- 1 box of cake mix (any flavor you prefer)
- 1 can of soda (12 ounces) – choose a soda flavor that complements your cake mix
- Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven according to the temperature specified on the cake mix box.
- Prepare Your Pan:
- Grease and flour a cake pan that’s suitable for your chosen cake mix (usually 9×13 inches for sheet cakes or two 9-inch round pans for layer cakes).
- Combine Cake Mix and Soda:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the entire box of cake mix with the full can of soda. There’s no need to add any eggs, oil, or water as the soda will provide the necessary moisture and leavening.
- Mix Thoroughly:
- Stir the cake mix and soda together until you have a smooth and well-combined batter. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour Into the Pan:
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for the time specified on the cake mix box for your chosen pan size. Typically, it will be around 25-30 minutes, but check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Cool and Serve:
- Let the cake cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, you can frost or decorate the cake as desired.
That’s it! This incredibly easy 2-ingredient cake is not only simple to make but also quite versatile. You can experiment with different cake mix and soda combinations to create a variety of flavors. For example, chocolate cake mix with cola or lemon-lime soda, or white cake mix with orange soda for a creamsicle-inspired treat. Enjoy your quick and delicious homemade cake!