I remember when I was a kid going to Taco Bell, beef nachos were my first order. That’s how much I adored them. Now, with this copycat recipe no need to waste your gas on your way out to Taco Bell you just get the same taste as theirs while you’re at home enjoying your super bowl sunday game. The seasoned beef, tomatoes and yellow onions make the perfect flavor combination.
Nothing beats these nacho’s at any given Sunday night. It’s easy and delicious and that’s why it’s my favorite watching football food.
The key to great nachos is a great nacho filling, so make sure to spice up your bean and beef mixture just right and build your nacho castle on a tasty foundation.
- Taco Seasoning ( or you can just buy one packet of taco seasoning at your local store )
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 bags tortilla chips
- 1 can refried beans
- 16 ounces shredded cheese of choice
- 3 roma tomatoes diced
- 2-3 green onions sliced
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, brown the ground beef and chopped onions until fully browned, about 10 mins. and drain.
- Return the beef to the pan, and add on the taco seasoning.
- Stir in 3/4 cups of water, when it’s simmer, reduce heat to low and simmer until the liquid evaporates or about 4 minutes.
- While the beef is cooking, add a generous layer of chips to two baking sheets ( pizza pan works well ) lined with parchment paper.
- Spoon on refried beans, half on each pan. These are thick,
- Spoon on half the ground beef to each pan of tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Once it’s ready Remove it from the oven, and add diced tomatoes and green onions.
- Best Served immediately.
Tips and tricks:
- Sturdier tortilla chips work best, costco’s kirkland organic are my favorite.
- If the crowd is less than 10, half of the recipe would work just fine.
- Serve it with sour cream, salsa or guacamole. Eat em while they’re hot.
Sturdier tortilla chips work best, costco's kirkland organic are my favorite.
If the crowd is less than 10, half of the recipe would work just fine.
Serve it with sour cream, salsa or guacamole. Eat em while they're hot.
Sturdier tortilla chips work best, costco's kirkland organic are my favorite. If the crowd is less than 10, half of the recipe would work just fine. Serve it with sour cream, salsa or guacamole. Eat em while they're hot.