Easy Slow Cooker Turkey is a delightful dish that requires minimal effort but yields maximum flavor. Slow cooking allows the turkey to become tender and juicy, infusing it with all the delicious flavors of the seasonings and aromatics. This recipe is perfect for busy days when you want a homemade meal without spending hours in the kitchen. While slow cookers have become a modern convenience, the method of slow-cooking meats traces its roots back to ancient times, where it was used to preserve and enhance the taste of various ingredients.
Once your Easy Slow Cooker Turkey is ready, there are numerous ways to serve it to make a complete and satisfying meal. A classic accompaniment is a side of creamy mashed potatoes or roasted sweet potatoes. The contrast between the succulent turkey and creamy potatoes creates a harmonious combination. You can also serve steamed or roasted vegetables, such as green beans, carrots, or Brussels sprouts, which add a burst of freshness and color to the plate. Additionally, a simple cranberry sauce or gravy can provide an extra layer of flavor and moisture to enhance the turkey further. Lastly, don’t forget to serve some warm dinner rolls or crusty bread on the side to soak up any remaining savory juices.
Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Recipe:
– 1 whole turkey (~10 lbs), thawed if frozen
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 4 tablespoons melted butter
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse the turkey inside and out. Pat dry.
2. Place the turkey breast-side up in the crockpot, securing the legs with twine and tucking the wings.
3. Mix melted butter, salt, pepper, and paprika. Drizzle over the turkey and rub to coat.
4. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Check turkey temperature (165°F in the breast, 170°F in the legs).
5. To get that crispy skin: Switch the oven to broil, transfer turkey to a baking sheet, and broil for 10 minutes.
Let the turkey rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Enjoy your Easy Slow Cooker Turkey, a delicious and effortless way to enjoy a flavorful turkey dinner. This recipe will not disappoint, and the tender meat will surely impress your friends and family.